1966 Dickerson ketch.Parts

Home Forums Gear swap, sell, giveaways 1966 Dickerson ketch.Parts

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    John Carey

Sadly the time has come to break up my ketch, and not continue to restore it.
    Any of its parts are available, including: –
    Aluminum masts including rigging,Steering gear,incomplete westerbeke 4-107 +Paragon trans,, two used Perkins 4-108+ Hurth trans,Brand new rudder,Monel fuel and water tanks,bronze fittings of all kinds,Llead keel, Etc.
    Please ask. I may have it!
    410 639 7506. Rock Hall, MD.

Irish Mist
    Keymaster

Hi John,

It would appear that your 3 blade prop–if you have a large one like Irish Mist-might be just what Eric–in General Discussion-3 blade prop needs.

Good luck in selling your boat and equipment.

Joe

Mike Aitken
    Participant

Hi john;
    Do you want to post a contact e-mail so folks can contact you via computer?

John Carey

Mike,
    Re.Dickerson 35 Ketch parts.
    Thank you for the suggestion.
    My e-mail is: – Johncarey@atlanticbb.net.
    John

Dominic

John,

I have a 63 Ketch. It sounds like you have a Diesel – i have the ol Atomic 4 Gas engine and may need a new tank – any idea if yours would be compatible….?

Dana Timothy Peterson

Hello John,

I just bought a 73 36′ CC ketch that needs the galley/settee cushions. I’m not sure if your set up is the same (table across from the galley) and if you even still have them available, but I would be interested in your cushions if servicable.

Thanks,

Dana

Irish Mist
    Keymaster

Hi Dana,

Welcome to the Dickerson Owners Web Site. Great to have you as a member of the Weeb Site and we hope you will join the Dickerson Owners Association. It is a great group of really enthausiastic Sailors who love their classic boats. An application form and other materials are on the Home page of the Web Site.

I have a 35 ft Dickerson ketch center cockpit. I took out the dinett, made a 18 inch wide L shaped seat and then made a folding table hinged to the forward bulkhead opposite the horizontal leg of the L. The “Table” is hinged to the bulkhead and has a folding leg. It can be used as a table with leg or you fold leg up and lower table to fill up L and put cushions on it to make a berth.

If you are interested I can send you a photo.

Barry Creighton who produces our great Dickerson Directory will be in touch to get details on your contact info, boat name etc. Where do you keep your boat Dana.

Good luck with your Dickerson and keep in touch.

I am adding your e mail to our mailing list so you can receive our News Letter and other Announcements.

Joe Slavin

Dana Timothy Peterson

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the reply and kind invites. I am very excited about my new (to me) Dickerson and am eager to jump on the learning curve. I just sold a Bristol 24 in order to move up to the Dickerson. We just bought the boat from the Calhoon MEBA School in Easton, MD and moved her to her new home in Cape St. Claire (Annapolis) on Saturday. While the exterior of the boat is in great shape (except for a stay that needs to be replaced), we are excited to make the interior our very own. At this point, it is very bare, as the boat has been set up like a very large daysailor. I would love to see any pictures of your boat that you would like to send. I’m looking for any and all ideas about how to redo the main cabin. Please send pics directly to my email. When using the following address, please substitute the “#” for “.” dana#t#peterson@gmail.com

Where do you keep Irish Mist? How long have you had her. What sailing tips can you pass on?

Thanks and I look forward to the pictures and future advice…keep it coming.

Dana

Irish Mist
    Keymaster

Hi Dana,

I will be sending you some pictures.

Better yet how about joining up with us this weekend for our 3rd West Shore Round Up at West River Sailing Club. in Galesville Friday nite at 5.30 or so you are invited for cocktails on the Irish Mist and then we will go to dinner at a nearby restaurent–dutch treat.

Saturday at noon we have a race off G! followed by Cocktail party at West River Sail Club and no host dinner at Pirates Cove Restaurent. We have 30 people and 8 boats signed up to date.

It would be a great chance to meet Dickerson Sailors and look at their boats. Irish Mist will be there both Friday and Saturday night.

If you can’t race you could sail or drive over.

Let me know if you can join us and I will send you details on race etc.

Joe Slavin E mail me at jws2827@aol.com

John Carey

Dana,
    I owe you an apology for noy replying sooner.
    I have only just caught up with modern technology and realised that I had to log in in order to reply!
    I do not have any cushions except those for the forward berth.
    Good luck with your new venture.
    John Carey

John Carey

Dominic,
    I have to write a similar apology which I have written to Dana in not replying sooner.
    It is probably too late now, but I see no problem in using a diesel tank for gasoline. I do still have it.
    Another suggestion is to replace the Atomic 4 with a Perkins 4-108, which I happen to have two of!
    Once again I apologise for the late reply.
    John Carey

Dic_ke
    Participant

Where do you keep Irish Mist and How long have you had her?
    What sailing tips can you pass on to others?

Algernon
    Participant
    Dominic wrote:
    John,

I have a 63 Ketch. It sounds like you have a Diesel – i have the ol Atomic 4 Gas engine and may need a new tank – any idea if yours would be compatible….?

Please tell whats the exact price of it i am also looking for it,.

c-farer
    Participant

John,

Do you still have bronze hardware from your '66 ketch?

Steve

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Dickerson Owner's Association. Copyright 2020. All Rights Reserved