2013 Rendezvous

Home Forums Events 2013 Rendezvous

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Fleet Captain
    Keymaster

Ahoy Captains,

Like me, I’m sure you are thinking about preparations for the upcoming sailing season. Now is also the time to make preparations to attend the 2013 Rendezvous in Cambridge/Oxford. Specifically, you need to prepare your berthing requirements. Since the Friday arrival parade and reception will take us to Cambridge, MD, we assume that most of you will want to berth at the Cambridge Municipal Marina. If those are your plans let ME know as soon as you can. The Harbormaster has asked for one point of contact, and since I was talking with him–I’m it. Tell me when and what you want.

And since the Saturday race will take us to Oxford for the Banquet, we assume that most of you would like to berth in Oxford (traditionally this has been at Mears Yacht Haven). You need to make those arrangements yourself. Call Tom or Kim and take care of that before it’s too late.

More information for your planning to follow.

Fleet Captain
    Keymaster

All righty then,

If you’ve read your email, you should have seen the latest “Sampson Post” with Rendezvous registration instructions. (If we don’t have your email, you will receive in snailmail in a couple of days.) Please get the requested information and payment in to the Secretary as soon as you can.

Additionally, make your own reservations for Oxford berthing and inform ME of your intent for Cambridge. I will make the Cambridge arrangements for you–no deposit required–but I must know what you want. So if you haven’t told me–please do so now.

Finally, please tell me if you intend to participate the arrival parade. Plan to depart the Choptank Light at 1400 and check in with “Crew Rest” on channel 69 prior to departure. We might wait for you (but not long–push it up).

Fleet Captain
    Keymaster

Think about three “Have You’s” today and take care of them, please:
    1. Have you sent in your registration form and payment to the Secretary?
    2. Have you made berthing arrangements in Oxford?
    3. Have you informed me of your berthing requests in Cambridge?

Fleet Captain
    Keymaster

Come on people! I know that more of you want a slip in Cambridge than have notified me. Get into action or be left sitting on the bench.

Speaking of Cambridge: There are several really good but relatively small restaurants within walking distance of the museum for after the social. Since they are small, I would recommend reservations. Our favorites:

1. Bistro Poplar–french cuisine–the priciest but excellent food–flip flops and a Tommy Bahama won’t cut it (even your best one).
    2. The High Spot–nice American fare–outside (street-side seating) if you like
    3. Jimmie and Sooks–real Dorchester County seafood (feel like a crab cake?)–nice bar w/ big TVs
    4. Portside–pretty fair fried seafood–outside balcony on Cambridge Creek–little bit of a walk
    5. Snappers–close to the marina on the creek but food can be “how do I politely say

?”

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Dickerson Owner's Association. Copyright 2020. All Rights Reserved