44th Annual Dickerson Rendezvous – 17-19 June 2011

Home Forums Events 44th Annual Dickerson Rendezvous – 17-19 June 2011

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Fleet Captain
    Keymaster

It’s Official!

While some of you have been shoveling snow and others sipping cool drinks with umbrellas poking you in the eye, your clever Secretary has secured the venue and we now officially establish the dates and location for the 44th Annual Dickerson Rendezvous. Calendars and pencils ready?

Alrighty then — 17-19 June — Oxford, MD

You will read more details in the upcoming issue of SpinSheet (for you Chesapeake Cruisers) and in the next DOA Newsletter (everybody). Just to get you thinking about it — arrival parade on Friday–informal reception at Mears Yacht Haven, Saturday “race?”, social/banquet at the Tred Avon Yacht Club, Sunday departure. Many, many thanks to Dick Young and Jim Karr for the arrangements.

As the Crew Rest Crew will be in official “Retirement Status” this year, I would like to dialog about resurrecting a DOA tradition of cruising following the rendezvous–so watch this space for more on that.

I hope that this advance notice will encourage our far flung faithful in New England, Florida, and North Carolina the opportunity to do some long range planning and make the trek. We will do our very best to make the sacrifice worth it.

Fair winds to all,
    Your humble Commodore

Fleet Captain
    Keymaster

Time to let us know!

By now, you should have received your Spring 2011 DOA Newsletter with the “official word” on the Rendezvous via snail mail. After some uncertainty regarding the venue for our Saturday night event—all is now secure. So I would ask you to two things for sure and a couple of others (if you feel like it).

The “To-Do’s”:

1. Send your dues and and your registration forms for the Rendezvous back to Dick Young “right now”.
    2. Let “Plover” know your intentions to participate in the post-rendezvous cruise.

If you feel like it:

1. Let me know your intentions to join the “Arrival Parade”.
    2. Let me know anything else you would like to do/not do
    3. Order your official apparel at the Treasure Chest
    4. Get your boat ready to win — “Irish Mist” is

Cheers

Rainbow1969
    Participant

I’ll plan on being there for the parade. What time do we meet up?

Can’t make the cruise. Have used up my “away from family credits” well into 2017.

Fleet Captain
    Keymaster

Thanks,

Join up at 1345 at the Choptank River Light. Check in with “Crew Rest” on Channel 69. Plan to depart the light at 1400.

Lorenzo Rocque
    Participant

All the Best for the event…

Tessanna
    Participant

Just got wind I may have some time off for the rendezvous. If I can make it is there a place we can acnchor out. We’d just like to hang around, see some great boats and meet some other Dickerson owners.

Fleet Captain
    Keymaster

Great News!

Several boats stay on the hook in Town Creek and right off Mears Yacht Haven. You will be among “friends”. Listen up on channels 16/69 and join us for the arrival parade if you can. Drop me an email if I can provide you any other info to assist.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Dickerson Owner's Association. Copyright 2020. All Rights Reserved